Tuesday, July 24, 2012

4th on the Farm

I love 4th of July on the farm! This year was special because we had Ryan and because Courtney got to stay up and watch fireworks for the first time! She was SO excited for days that she got to stay up late! This must be a really big deal when you are 4.

Decorating cupcakes with meemaw!

My favorite part of 4th of July is the decorating and making fun food with my sister. It's kind of our thing. We were making the 4th of July cute WAY before Pinterest.  I made my first flag cake when I was 9 and my dad requested one every year after. I started getting creative and making flag cupcakes, mini cakes, trifles, etc.  The only problem was that this year I didn't take pictures of any of the cuteness except for these yummy pulled pork baskets. 



Courtney went with papa to pick out fireworks.   I love the tiny shopping cart!




The annual porch pic.







Mantis.



Quite the poser these days.


Aunt Deanna helped Courtney do all her fireworks before dark - smoke bombs, bees,  fountains, ladybugs,  giant sparklers, etc. She loved it!



Courtney loved the fireworks but HATES the anticipation of loud noises. She literally walked around from 9-10 with her fingers in her ears! 




Helping meemaw feeds the bottle calves. 



No comments: