Monday, July 21, 2008

Reunion

Last week we took our first "vacation" to Stewartsville to Camp Farwesta for reunion. It took Courtney a few days to adjust to constantly being outside and surrounded by lots of people, but she did a great job! We had to learn to be a little flexible with her schedule - which isn't easy for me - but we are pretty sure she had a great time and wants to go back next year. Our entire family was able to be there for most of the week, too! Hanging out by the cabin.

Playing with Jared (yes, we felt it necessary to take the giant exersaucer with us).
I love the outdoors, mom!
Enjoying the fishing derby with Laura!

This is how I made it through those hot nightly church services!

We call Courtney "goose"... which I think came from silly goose. So, when we saw real geese at camp, she really wanted her picture taken with them!

If dad would only scoot a little closer and if I could only reach that cake and if I only knew how to use a fork...

This was Courtney's first time in a big pool and she really liked it! We went every day for 10-15 minutes (there was zero shade), but she was a crazy kicker the whole time! I love those shades!We met new friends like Will (Carrie Wood's nephew - small world) and Mike Hale!
Swimming makes me tired!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know if "GOOSE" was Dan attempting to slide a "TOP GUN" reference in there. You'll know that's what it really is if he starts referring to himself as "Maverick". Great pics, looks like you guys had a great time!

Ashley goes on her first 8 hour car ride on Thursday night, so wish us luck! :)

Carrie said...

Small world! I was just talking to Debi Hale this weekend and she said they met you all. I heard you all had a great time and Will and Courtney had fun hanging out. We Gracelanders are just one big incestual family! I love it!

Mindi said...

You could have let me know you were going to be around for a few days!! :) It's okay though, I'll forgive you. She is just precious...as always. I'm glad things went well, we're not so good on getting off schedule either.