Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A non kids post - my classroom!



Pinterest is a teacher's best friend. Pinterest + 5 months of maternity leave = one cute classroom! I found a teacher blog that sold decor. One of the "sets" had this color scheme and I went with it! I didn't buy the set because half the fun is in the making!
The class rules sign is from a blog that was a free printable. I painted a cheap frame I had at home. I love those tiny little blue frames (that I painted). They are from Michael's dollar bins and I got them on clearance! I googled "Dr. Seuss quote images" and found these cute quotes and just put them in a word document to size them. 
Another printable...I loved these because they were in my color palette!

A close up of the fancy frames. 

This idea was stolen from my friend Julie. I plan to have the kids write tweets once a week (or more often) about something they enjoyed from the week. If they write about math, I will come up with cute different hashtags for each week (#ilovenumbers or #icandolongdivision)

These curtains were bought for $2 at a garage sale this summer and I added some rick rack. They cover up the mess that is 25 backpacks. The copy boxes on top hold copies for each subject. 

My reading corner. The kids love the crates with cushions!  The green and yellow calendar math components totally bum me out...

This was the first thing I made for my classroom! I started this color scheme by going and buying a ton of coordinating scrap paper. Love these letters. 

More Seuss. 

This looks a little messy, but anyway...book bins with labels. 

I got this idea from a professional development book I read this summer. I pick a new book each week to read. It's then "blessed" and sure to be picked up and read by many a kid. 

Homemade name tags and table numbers. My cricut earned a gold star for working so hard this summer! 

Cans with scrapbook paper for pencils, erasers, pencil shavings, etc. 

My desk

This letter border is actually scrapbook paper. I used 3 inch strips, so each piece could be cut in 4 pieces,  so it made 4 feet of border!

Another cute printable in my colors! Yay!

Birthday pencils. 

Cute letter labels for my books. Thanks cricut. 
For meet the teacher night. 
And last but not least: the hall bulletin board. This was my idea. I didn't see it on pinterest or anything! I made a little template in Word with a blank profile picture face and added the students names. On the second day of school I had them write in a status update about what they are excited about for 5th grade. 


No comments: