Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Courtney!

Courtney is 1 today! I can't believe my baby is now a toddler! She started really walking everywhere yesterday. It was like her little walking lightbulb went off and she said, "today I will walk." I get weekly emails titled "your baby this week: 3 months, week 1" for example. Today I received my weekly email and it said "your toddler: 1 year". WOW. My toddler? It is bittersweet to feel like your little baby is growing up, but with it comes so many wonderful changes. I will miss the cuddles, bottles, cute way her mouth moves with a giggy (pacifier)...but I will also love her running in the grass, saying first words, playing, singing, dancing and all those wonderful toddler moments.

Here is Courtney on her first day - one year ago...


And here is Courtney today!

Here is Courtney walking all the way across the living room, through the kitchen to her drawer!

I love you Courtney! I can't wait to see what this next year brings!


2 comments:

Mommy K said...

Oh, yes, Dana it's hard to watch your baby grow up, but like you said, the toddler stuff is so fun, too. Carter and me have "conversations" and he tells me little stories, plus the dancing, singing and all those older milestones. SO much to look forward to. Happy Birthday, Courtney!!!

Mindi said...

Dana, welcome to the world of being a mother to a toddler. There is nothing like it! It is hard to leave those "baby" times behind, but you have so much more to look forward to...just don't blink. Even as I write this tears well up in my eyes knowing my "babies" are 2 and 4. It really does fly by. Courtney has gone from a beautiful baby to a beautiful little girl. She is so lucky to have you and Dan as her parents. Happy Birthday Courtney!!!