Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween and other pumpkin fun!

Happy Halloween! Yesterday was completely packed full of Halloween fun. In the morning, Courtney helped me cook pumpkin scones and spooky dip for our party that night. We carved pumpkins, well, scooped out pumpkin seeds and then I spent about 30 minutes cutting out a face (super thick pumpkin). We went to Grandma Jody's house to play in the leaves and trick-or-treat and then to Ashley McMurray's grandparents house for more trick-or-treating and photo shoot. Last, we went to the Sewing's annual Halloween party for more treating and, of course, more photo shooting. BTW - the pics are out of order:)
I made Courtney and Kaitlynn matching Halloween princess outfits! They looked great!





Ashley and Courts all by themselves (like big girls) knocking on their first door!















Christmas, I mean, Halloween gifts from Grandma - aka - the spoiler!


Being SUCH a good helper! This is my new trick so that I can get some cooking done: pull up a chair and hand her a spoon!
Last weekend, our church had trunk or treat!

We made some spider pumpkins (or pider punkins in toddler talk). We painted a pumpkin black and glued on legs. Courts was a pretty good painter!

We also made pumpkin play dough...very sticky, but it smelled good! Two weeks ago my family took my mom to Powell Gardens for her birthday. We went on the Pumpkin Walk which is their beautiful gardens lined with 100's of carved, lit pumpkins. My flash didn't work, so we got no pics of that...but here are some from other parts of the night.

With her cousin, Justin.
My brother David, Cindy, Justin and Laura brought Courtney a Halloween present.

On the coldest day in October, we went to the Crown Center pumpkin patch.


Going on a pony ride made the cold weather all better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics - love the ones of her and Ashley. :)