Thursday, June 13, 2013

Walt Disney world prep!


My name is Dana. I am over the top. I admit it. I know it. Lets move on. :)

I have been spending most naptimes and  time after the kids go to sleep the past two weeks creating our itinerary, researching rides and restaurants, figuring out fast passes, texting friends questions, coordinating reservations we made 5 months ago with plans we want now. It's been awesome. Give me something to plan and prepare for and I'm pretty much at my best. 

Last summer when we decided to do the trip my friend Shana really inspired me. I always plan for trips but she made it MAGICAL. I wanted to make sure everything we did made it magical and special for Courtney! So last summer I was so excited I made dresses and shirts and hair bows and a journal and cut out Mickeys with my Mickey circuit cartridge I borrowed from a friend. 
Dress for Animal Kingdom. 
Shirt for first day! 
Dress for dinner at Chef Mickey's. 
Not sure...I just went on a streak last year so we have an extra! 


That didn't leave me of much crafting this summer. That's fine because I've been busy with my research!! We started by watching our welcome DVD which made me cry and prompted to Courtney to ask of we could go every summer! Then she asked how many more days we had. Time to make the countdown! 

One major craft project my mom and I worked on was a dress for Courtney to wear to the Bibbidi Bobiddi Boutique. She chose Cinderella and all the beautiful ones we found were more than I wanted to pay so we made one! We modeled it after the one on the Disney store website. It needs a few finishing touches and she will be all set!
We have been having Courtney (the movie queen) watch a few movies that she isn't familiar with so she knows them when we go to WDW.  We watched Swiss Family Robinson as a family one night. I had never seen it! It was cute. She also watched Pinocchio, Toy Story and Lion King. 


These came in the mail TODAY!! We are excited to try out this interactive activity at Disney: pin trading! We don't know a lot, but our friend Carrie did it and said her girls loved looking for people to trade with. Once again, just more magic to add to the trip! 
Now that we are into our 10 day countdown, it was time to bump up the excitement a little. Last summer I started picking up a little Disney gift every now and then. They were all $1. I bought some toy figurines, coloring books, paint sets, puzzles, anything with Mickey or Minnie or a non-princess. We have plenty of those! I wrapped them all up so she would have one thing to unwrap each day. I had 10 from last summer so I didn't even have to buy anything this year! 
Now time to start packing! 

No comments: